Garmin is stepping up to the plate and taking a swing, hoping to dethrone the Apple Watch as the king of smartwatches or at least keep up with a host of health tracking features that go beyond basic fitness.
The Venu 3 model packs a lot of features that are a significant improvement from its predecessor:
- AMOLED touchscreen display
- Integrated microphone and speaker for voice calls and direct text message response
- Upgraded software features, such as push tracking for wheelchair users, a “sleep coach”, energy tracking, and Body Battery measurement
- Improved workout tracking and recovery time data and suggestions, as well as the ability to create your own interval workouts
- Access to guided meditation practices
- 14-day battery life
It’s a fitness-focused smartwatch that may just have a real shot at rivaling Apple.